#31 Rick Smith edges #12 Bruce Yackey by mere inches to win the feature event at CNS 04-28-2012 (Starr Photo)
(Dacono, CO - 04-28-2012) CNS late model veterans Rick Smith and Bruce Yackey put on an amazing display of racing as they crossed the finish line side by side in the Gillett Vet Late Model main event at Colorado National Speedway. When the dust settled it was Smith taking the hard fought win over Yackey in one of the more memorable events on the 3/8ths paved CNS oval.
A celebration of life for “JD” has been set for next Sunday April 22, 2012. It is scheduled to get underway at 1PM at 1905 Jasper St Aurora Colorado.
JD was the long time head of Tech at Colorado National Speedway and succumbed to his battle with Cancer last Wednesday April 11, 2012.
WHEN: Sunday April 22nd 1PM
WHERE: 1905 Jasper St, Aurora CO 80011
The Family is providing a light lunch and are asking people to bring a dessert or a beverage. If there are any further questions the can call 303-532-9565.
John Seely returned to CNS and won his first race back on the track. (Starr photo)
(Dacono CO - 04-14-2012) A great field of Grand American Modifieds were on hand to compete in a 40 lap main event with a $1,000 payoff, yet Mother Nature had other plans and cut the event short just after intermission.
The entire CNS staff sends their heart-felt prayers and condolences to JD's family, and friends.
Colorado National Speedway’s numerous concession stands offer a wide variety of food and beverages. Curbing your appetite and thirst at CNS is both delicious and affordable! From our amazing smothered burritos, tasty personal pizzas to gourmet burgers on homemade buns! We also offer ice-cold beverages for the entire family including thirst quenching bottled water, 32 oz. ice tea & lemonade and COKE products to ice-cold beer and mixed drinks.
You may bring the following into the CNS facility;
- Non Alcoholic Beverages in SEALED factory containers (NO GLASS)
- Soft-sided bag or cooler 16” x 16” x 8” or smaller
Items you MAY NOT bring into the CNS facility;
- Glass containers
- Hard sided or larger than 16” x 16” x 8” coolers
- New faces & cars at March 17th practice
- Oskar Blues Supports Local Colorado Racing Team
- CNS Celebrates 2011 Season
- 2011 Season Recap
- Challenge Cup XXXVII Driver Roster
- Challenge Cup XXXVII Lap Sponsors
- Father's Day Monster Truck events a smashing success!!
- May 14th races cancelled due to wet and cold weather forecast.
- NEW Food and Beverage Policy at CNS
- Racers, please get your transponders as early as possible.
Page 3 of 15