Hydraulic roller camshafts rule change.
Hydraulic roller camshafts and the corresponding lifters will NOT be allowed to participate in Sportsman, Figure 8 or Super Stock competition. The 604 crate engine for the sportsman is exempt from this rule.
Motor Oils Are Changing, Again Get The Facts
For 2011, Motor Oil Specifications Will Change To Improve Catalytic Converter Performance. Learn How These Changes Will Effect Race Cars & Classic Cars.
Certified Lubrication Specialist, Lake Speed, Jr., from Joe Gibbs Racing will present the facts related to Zinc, Flat-Tappet Camshafts and Synthetic oils. Any questions will be answered.
2011 COLORADO NATIONAL SPEEDWAY SCHEDULE
We are excited to release our 2011 schedule. This year we are featuring a longer racing season with some big Changes. The Races will start 2 hours earlier in April and October with the Qualifying dash beginning at 4:00pm. The figure 8 division will join the Late Models, Sportsman, Pro trucks and Super Stocks as a sanctioned NASCAR division. The Challenge Cup XXXVII will be moved up to Labor Day. We are actively seeking sponsorship for this race, to return it to the huge Late Model Race that it once was. Stay tuned, further announcements will be coming soon. Another change will be the combing of the grand American Modifieds and the Modified Coupes into one division. We are excited to welcome back the K&N Pro Series West on August 6th for the NAPA/Toyota 150. Last but not least we will wrap up the 2011 season with not one but two Championship nights October 15th and 22nd. With Practice just around the corner on March 19th and 26th we can’t wait to get started. We hope to see every one soon at Colorado National Speedway “YOU’VE GOTTA BE HERE!”
Numbers, pitstalls, and NASCAR licenses.
We at Colorado National Speedway hope you are all having a wonderful winter and holiday season. Believe it or not, the 2011 race season is just around the corner. No season would be complete without the annual Colorado Oval Track Trade Show. As usual, we will have a booth at the show where you will be able to purchase the following:
- 2011 NASCAR License (online NASCAR license renewals are available if you were a NASCAR member in 2010 @ nascarmembers.com)
- CNS Car Registration and Number Form ($75 per registration) Any team changing drivers mid-season will be required to purchase a new number for that new driver, so please keep that in mind when choosing your numbers. There will be no Duplicate numbers allowed, as was the case last year. The number will stay with the driver all season per the 2011 rule book.
- Rules books can be printed on-line after January 20, 2011 at (www.coloradospeedway.com). A limited number of printed copies will be available at the show.
- Pit Stall Reservations ($75.00)
We look forward to seeing you at the show!
Colorado National Speedway
Grand American Modifieds Staying for 2011 Race Season!
Colorado National Speedway Ownership and Management would like to announce a division change for the 2011 race season. As most of you are aware, the Grand American drivers were notified that the Grand American division was being dropped at CNS effective 01/01/11 due to a number of factors. After listening to our racers thoughts and concerns we went back to work to come up with a possible alternative solution. After much discussion, we have decided to combine the Grand American Modifieds with the Modified Coupes for a period of 1 year. Both Divisions have struggled with car counts and this will be our last attempt to help build these classes back up to where they belong in order to maintain an individual class going forward. We believe this will enhance the entertainment value of the product we put in front of our fans each week, as well as provide the participants in each of the two classes an opportunity to increase car counts and build strength within their respective divisions.
Each division will run their own rules, and be awarded separate points. We hope this will allow both divisions to eventually return back to separate divisions. We at CNS are excited about this new combination and will work very closely with both CARC and the Grand American drivers and owners to work through the inevitable challenges that will result from this change. We feel it’s the right thing to do for all of our racers in these divisions that have supported our track over the years, as well as our fans who deserve strong, full field classes to watch each week.
In addition, we have unfortunately also found it necessary to drop the Bus class from the 2011 schedule. As a result of these changes, the Figure 8’s will replace the GAM’s as our 5th NASCAR Weekly Series Division, receiving all of the recognition and awards that come with being a sanctioned class.
Look for our 2011 race schedule in the coming days!
Colorado National Speedway Owners and Management.
- 2010 CNS Season in Review
- Dan Savage Won the Battle, Ronnie Hults Won the War.
- 2010 Out With a BANG!
- Jim Bob Spins, Bear Lynch Wins. Blackie's the Champ!
- Extreme Kellie Races a Super Stock at CNS!
- Happy Ferree Wins to Cheers and Jeers
- Avants Wins a Wild One at CNS
- Late Model Crate motor eligibility and rules
- Chris Eggleston Makes Late Race Pass For the Win
- Speedy Ronnie Hults Returns to the Winner's Circle
Page 32 of 48