Kemmit, Simonson, Whitman, and Evans are crowned champs on night one of Challenge Cup XXXVIII
#6 Tommy Roe tries to hold off teammate #98 Lee Kemmit for the Challenge Cup win. (Starr photo)
(09-22-2012 Dacono, CO) Lee Kemmit won in the sportsman division, Justin Simonson won the Pro Truck main, Gary Land took the Mod Coupe feature, and Richie Castor Jr. won in the Supermodifieds. Yet it was the crowning of the 2012 track champions that was the real drama on night one of Challenge Cup. The excitement reached it's climax in the Pro Truck division where it became a winner-take-all race to the finish between Justin Simonson and last years Champ Roger Avants.
Standard Points on Both Challenge Cup Nights
Walbaum, Neff, Hunter, Medina, and Johnson, victorious on Snap-On Tools Night
Jeff Walbaum dominated the Sportsman main event at CNS (Starr photo)
(09-15-2012 Dacono, CO) With just a few races left in the 2012 season and on a gorgeous September evening at Colorado National Speedway the fans were treated to a thrilling night of racing. Several dramatic crashes such as Legend driver Billy Blevins barrel rolling down the back shute and Jereme Wall's figure 8 car exploding into a ball of flames had he crowd on edge. Thanks to great work by the on-track safety team and state-of-the-art safety equipment in the cars, no drivers were injured.
Super Stock inspection results
Bruce Yackey and Chris Eggleston battle for the win but in the end the Moose takes another one
Bruce Yackey and Chris Eggleston battle side by side (Starr photo)
(09-08-2012 Dacono, CO) On a perfect September Colorado evening Bruce Yackey and Chris Eggleston put on a great show for the fans battling side by side for several laps in the Gillett Vet Late Model division main event. Yet when Eggleston got stuck behind lapped traffic Yackey cruised to the victory putting a stranglehold on the season points chase.
Super Stock Delayed Tear Down
- Labor Day Night 2 goes to Yackey winning the Coca-Cola 100 at CNS
- Labor Day Night one goes to Walbaum, Simonson, Gallegos, and Livermore Jr.
- Rick Smith ends Yackey's win streak at CNS
- Proper Procedure for Reporting Violations and Other Track Concerns
- Bruce Yackey extends his win streak to 4
- Bruce "the moose" Yackey wins his third straight at CNS
- Fresh Faces in Winner's Circle at CNS on Gilpin Casino Night
- NAPA Toyota 150 to air on SpeedTV August 9th
- Greg Pursley wins the NAPA Toyota 150 at CNS thrilling the huge crowd
- Bruce Yackey steals point lead from Rick Smith with his second straight win at CNS
Page 12 of 48