Rookie Blake Harris Shocks the Late Model Division Winning the Oskar Blues Brewery 100 Lapper.
(Dacono, CO 06-30-2012) A world class fireworks display lit up the night sky sending "ooos" and "ahhhs" throughout the packed Colorado National Speedway grandstands. Yet even the fireworks couldn't match the action on the track during the Oskar Blues Brewery 4th of July Race at CNS. Rookie driver Blake Harris from Wheat Ridge driving the black #26 Monte Carlo made a daring last lap pass on #11 Darren Robertson to win the 100 lap main event stunning the huge field of drivers who showed up for the event.
Jeff Walbaum narrowly beats Lee Kemmit for a well deserved win in the Sportsman division
(06-23-2012 Dacono, CO) In the preliminary races at CNS during the Coyote Gold Margarita night the temperature on the track was pushing 140 degrees. Yet when the sun set over the rocky mountains it setup one of the most gorgeous night's of short track racing in recent memory. The action on the track was just as hot when Jeff Walbaum and Lee Kemmit battled side by side to the finish in the Sportsman main event.
The Father's Day race at CNS goes to Bruce "the Moose" Yackey
(06-16-2012 Dacono CO) A wild night at CNS was capped off when the black and green #12 Late Model of Bruce Yackey held off the hard charging #7 of young Adam Deines to bring home the win. Yet it was the action in the pits that had the massive crowd at CNS on their toes as multiple brawls broke out pitside when tempers boiled over during the Grand American Modified main event.
Lee Kemmit drives the GTI/DEKA Dodge to victory on a gorgeous Colorado evening at CNS
(Dacono, CO 06-09-2012) It was 95 degrees when the racing began at Colorado National Speedway but the heat on the track was even more intense as #98 Lee Kemmit and #8 Jeff Walbaum raced side by side to the finish in the Sportsman main event. #27 Roger Avants won the Pro Truck Feature, #66 Kyle Clegg took the legend feature and #3 Harold Evans won the ERA Supermodified main event.
Chris Eggleston leads flag to flag to take CNS glory
(Dacono, CO 06-02-2012) Chris Eggleston from Erie Colorado uncharacteristically struggled in last weeks big Memorial Day race, but this weekend in winner's circle Chris credited his crew for making the complete turnaround allowing him to lead from green to checker on Colorado Christian University Night at CNS.
- Gering Nebraska's Rick Smith powers his way to winning the Famous Dave's BBQ 100
- Kemmit, Leaf, Lynch, and Evans, victorious on night one of the CNS Memorial Day race
- Lightning strikes at CNS in both the Super Stock and Late Model main events
- Eggleston, Yackey, Avants, and Smith, thrill the CNS fans in the first Late Model event of the 2012 season
- Kemmit, Whitman, Nugent, and Martinez, grab BigWestRacing.com Night at CNS Glory
- Walbaum, Neff, Ray, Fields, Robertson, win final races of the 2011 season at CNS
- Muhler holds off Smith for the win but Savage secures the points championship.
- Savage and Kemmit extend their point leads
- CNS Late Model Points Chase Tightens Up
- Late Model aces Rick Smith, Darren Bucklen, and Chris Eggleston thrill the CNS fans.
Page 5 of 21