Late Model race teams, below is our first draft of rule changes for the 2012 season. Hard copies will be available at the trade show Jan 27th & 28th. It is possible that there will be more changes/updates/clarifications coming so please check back frequently.
1) Side mirrors will be permitted and must not protrude beyond the vehicle's door panel and must not be constructed of glass.
2) Under-slung (Late Model style) rear clips will be permitted in the Sportsman division.
3) The old Sportsman firewall rule will be omitted. Cars must have the old style type front full firewall or Late Model style foot box and interior. Late Model style foot box must be totally enclosed and made of steel. Right side interior panel can taper upward to the right side door bar. A metal firewall must separate the driver from the trunk area. Driver's compartment must be totally sealed from the underside of the vehicle for fire and exhaust fume protection.
4) Nascar Elite Division Engine Rules, maximum cubic inch will be changed from 358ci to 362ci.
5) C.N.S. spec engine, 365 cubic inch maximim-maximim bore changed to 4.0750.
6) For all Late Model body rules refer to ABC rulebook. This supercedes all other C.N.S. body rules. C.N.S. will use the 6 1/2 inch tall by 60 inch wide spoiler option. No weight penalty will be assessed for 1998-2002 bodies. We don't anticipate any further changes.
Complete final changes to the 2012 rule book will be available here on ColoradoSpeedway.com no later than January 30th. Remember to bookmark this page and check back often.