1) Referring to the 2011 rule book under FRAME CLEARANCE:
A minimum ground clearance of 5 inches must be maintained on any part of the frame with driver.
This will no longer be enforced in tech. Ride height will be monitored by “on track” performance during competition. Any Sportsman race car that bottoms out during competition for 3 consecutive laps will be black flagged.
2) Side mirrors will be permitted and must not protrude beyond the vehicle's door panel and must not be constructed of glass.
3) Under-slung (Late Model style) rear clips will be permitted in the Sportsman division.
4) The old Sportsman firewall rule will be omitted. Cars must have the old style type front full firewall or Late Model style foot box and interior. Late Model style foot box must be totally enclosed and made of steel. Right side interior panel can taper upward to the right side door bar. A metal firewall must separate the driver from the trunk area. Driver's compartment must be totally sealed from the underside of the vehicle for fire and exhaust fume protection.
5) Sportsman will be running on a Hoosier F53 & F75.
ALL 2011 tires will be permitted in competition for the first 2 races for each division of the 2012 season.
We expect no other changes for the 2012 season, but stayed tuned to CNS tech news for further updates.
John Witthar - Race Director