2013 OFFICIAL CNS RULES
- General Rules (all divisions rev 5-6-2013)
- Super Late Models (rev 1-24-2013)
- Late Models Formerly Sportsman (rev 1-24-2013)
- Pro Trucks (rev 1-30-2013)
- Grand American Modifieds (rev 3-21-2013)
- Super Stocks (rev 5-6-2013)
- Figure 8s (rev 1-16-2013)
- Pure Stocks (rev 5-6-2013) for more info on the new Pure Stock Division call John Wittar 303-359-6026 or
Adam Hilton 720-298-7183
- Trains (rev 1-16-2013)
- DEMOX (rev 03-28-2013)
- XTREME Trucks (for more info click here)
Bookmark this page if you are a race driver or car owner at CNS. This is the page where you will find all the latest news regarding the operations at CNS that effect racers and car owners. Please check this section weekly so that you are up to date on the changes, and updates at Colorado National Speedway.
We have created a easy to remember weblink for this section at: http://coloradospeedway.com/tech
(please take note of it).
The new tires are in at Colorado National Speedway. Tire sales start today from 3PM to 6PM and Johnny Witthar will be there to take your orders.
You can buy race tires at CNS every Tuesday and Thursday from 3 to 6PM.
The 602 crate engine for the Super Stock division is a option, not a mandatory rule addition for the 2012 season. There may have been some confusion regarding the new rule so we wanted to take this moment to make sure all the Super Stock competitors were aware that the 602 crate engine is an optional engine package and not a mandatory engine package. We hope this has helped clear up any miscommunication.
Going forward, we have no plans to make this engine the sole, mandatory option.
-GAM race will be a 40 lapper with $1000 to win.
-Double points night.
-Double points night.
-GAM race will be a 40 lapper.
-Double points night.
-Trains will replace the Figure 8s on the schedule tonight.
-Figure 8s will replace the Trains on the schedule tonight.
Thanks to all the drivers and race teams for your input and support regarding the 2012 rule changes. We're looking forward to a great 2012 season!
- Tech Director
- 1) Side mirrors will be permitted and must not protrude beyond the vehicle's door panel and must not be constructed of glass.
- 2) Tread Width:
- a) 81" maximum, measured from outermost part of the tire at spindle height, zero tow in, front and rear are presented for inspection - no tolerance.
- 3) Clutch/Transmissions - These sentences will be deleted from the 2011 rule book:
- a) Clutch must be inside bell housing.
- b) Clutch and flywheel must attach to crankshaft in conventional manner and rotate with crankshaft at all times.
- c) Clutch must be a minimum of 5.5" in diameter.
- 4) Suspension - This sentence will be deleted from the 2011 rule book:
- a) It is recommended that the right front spindle only be an aftermarket heavy duty type.
- 5) Mandatory track tire will be 8” Hoosier slick F53 for the left side & F75 for the right side. 2011 tires may not be used in competition for the 2012 season.
Reference 2011 rule book for all other Grand American Modified rules.
The location of the meeting has been moved to:
C B & Potts
1257 West 120th Avenue,
Westminster, CO 80234
Same time, same date.
(Dacono, February 07, 2012)-
Pro Truck Owner/Driver Steve Johnson & Justin Simonson would like to invite all Pro Truck Drivers, Owners, Race Teams or anyone interested in the Pro Truck Division to attend an unofficial meeting on February 18, 2012 at 12:00pm.
This unofficial meeting is not a rules meeting. This is a networking meeting to discuss ideas for increasing interest in the Pro Truck division. Anyone interested in the Pro Truck division should attend.
For more information please contact:
Steve Johnson 970-566-0179
Justin Simonson 303-642-5861
Paul Garrison - Senior Consultant
Thank you to all drivers and race teams. CNS is proud to announce that the oval track show and 2012 registration was a huge success! This year, we had more racers register at the show than in the past 3 years! Colorado National Speedway staff and owners want to thank everyone for their positive input and support. Let’s all have a fun and safe 2012 race season.
Thanks, we couldn’t do it without all of you!
All 2010 GAM rules apply, except for the following changes:
1) 8” Hoosier slicks F75 right side and F53 left side.
2) 56% left side max weight.
We expect no other changes for the 2012 season, but stayed tuned to CNS tech news for further updates
John Witthar - Race Director
Paul has been associated with the track since it opened. In fact, Paul was the first person to race a lap on our track way back in 1965. We believe his knowledge and experience will be a great asset to our team. Come on out and say hi to Paul at the trade show.
2012 race season scheduling requires changes to be made in the pit stall rental policy. There will no longer be multiple assignments to each pit stall. Pit stalls that were assigned in 2011 are no longer available to the teams which held them in 2011.
NOTE: (Teams which have rented specific stalls for numerous years will be recognized and spaces will be held for those teams through Sunday January 29, 2012, Please reserve your pit stall at the trade show)
-$75.00 for an assigned pit stall for the 2012 race season. Due to limited pit stalls, we are prioritizing assignment as follows: Late Models, Sportsman then the remaining teams which had an assigned pit stall in 2011.
-$50.00 for a limited guaranteed floating pit stall for 2012 race season. Teams wanting to have a guaranteed pit stall on their scheduled night of racing can now purchase a $50.00 floating pit rental. These preferred spots will be coned off and made available between pit gate opening through 1:00 pm when the track becomes hot. Race teams who have purchased a floating pit stall will be directed to a preferred stall by our security team.
-All assigned and floating pit stalls will be coned off. All remaining open stalls will be filled on a first come first serve basis.
Please speak with us to reserve your pit stall at the trade show:
Oval Track and High Performance Trade and Swap Meet
Friday Jan 27th & Saturday Jan 28th
Boulder County Fairgrounds
9595 Nelson Rd, Longmont CO 80501
Thank you for your cooperation and we look forward to a great 2012 season.
Page 4 of 6